Sunday, July 06, 2025

Playing Dress Up


 It was a slow day, something about being exhausted from going for 7 days straight including 2 days of high stress.  To be sure, I have no clue what they are going on about.  I was not stressed at all, and been quite happy with all of our touring so far.  That said, we didn’t leave the hotel until nearly two and were home shortly after six.  Better than nothing I suppose.

We went into Borden-Carlton again and checked out all the shops that were closed the night we arrived.  We had lunch, and walked out to one of the lighthouses and got close-ups of the bridge.  It was crazy windy, and Clare and I both had strong recollections of the day the wind fed her glasses to the fish in Newfoundland.  Her glasses went in her purse.

Ready to go to Green Gables

But by far, the highlight of this adventure was playing dress-up in a shop called “Shop & Play”.  They had all the sizes of Anne dresses (small child right up to large adult, although nothing my size but I’ll give them a pass this time).  We had an amazing assistant who helped us find the right size and adjust props as we wanted.  He took most of the pictures we have, including ones of just me.  He seemed genuinely excited to take a picture of a bear for the first time, and even asked for my blog address. *waves to new friend Jack*
Dreaming of climbing into the cherry tree to sleep 
if nobody picks her up.
(I’m not sure it would hold her though)

Anne and Anne??? Bosom friends?


The only picture that really matters!

We then went back to the Chelton Beach and explored the tide pools looking for critters as it was low tide this time.  I was a little bored as I had to stay buried in a backpack to not blow away.  I assume they had fun though.  They sure got some cool photos without me in them.

Whatever!

Hermit crabs fighting over a new (used?) shell

Lion’s Mane Jellyfish
(They had to look it up, this one is tiny compared to
to how big they grow - seriously, google it?)


2 comments:

  1. loved dressing you two up and taking photos of whatever :)

    ReplyDelete