Wednesday, July 02, 2025

PEI at Last!


 I don’t know about anyone else in this party, but that just seemed like the longest road trip ever!  Four days to get two days away, but hey we did it!  We are here at last!  Oh and somehow perfectly timed, we finished the infamous “Anne of Green Gables” about 10 minutes before we entered PEI.


Two provinces and one time zone later, we crossed the longest bridge I’ve ever been on (seriously, it’s 12.9 km / 8 miles long).  I could give you all sorts of stats about it because Clare looked them up and said they were really fascinating *yawn* if you’re fascinated by that stuff, you likely know how to Google it too.  It’s called Confederation Bridge if you want to know, and ok, I give in, it IS the longest bridge in the world that spans over ice.  I guess that is kinda cool.  The photo here is from just west of it and is only about a third of it.  It actually disappeared into the distance so there was no taking a full picture even if I wanted to!


I was worried Clare and Robin would just crash into their hotel room once we got here, but they surprised me.  They first went into the small town nearby (right by the bridge), got dinner and checked out two gift shops (no comment).  We then attempted to walk to the water but its fenced off at the bridge.  I guess that makes sense given how fast traffic was going.  Instead they actually got back into the car they said they didn’t want to ever get in again, and drove 10 minutes up the road to the nearest beach.  Yay!

The clouds came in before the sun actually set, but we all enjoyed the red sands, the salt water air, and just knowing we were finally here

Whatever!
















No comments:

Post a Comment