Sad but true, it was our last day on the island today. As all the exploring was done, it was planned as a day to do things “one last time”. We went for one more shopping trip to the metropolis of Borden-Carleton for a few last minute gifts (still don’t understand this idea of buying things for people who didn’t go, but there’s a lot about humans I don’t understand).
We went for one more seafood meal out at Victoria By The Sea (cute little village).
We went to Argyle Beach for the first time as the planned last-beach, didn’t like how busy it was and left.
We went to one last Dairy Bar, which makes 9 total. Some had restaurants, some just ice cream. All were delicious.
![]() |
| Bridge in the distance (if you can zoom in) |
Disappointed in not getting a last-beach, we ended the day on Chelton Beach, the same beach we went to on the first day. This wasn’t planned at all, and yet, after two weeks of searching for a decent beach to build a sand castle on, it turned out to be this one - the one 10 minutes up the road! We had been there a few times, but never at low tide (we thought we HAD seen low-ish tide here and it was very rocky so ruled it out as a “good beach”. Turns out we had been very wrong, and low tide turned up a ton of sand bars just perfect for sand castles! Yay!
Is their sand castle good? Nope.
THEY say it was because it was late in the day and they didn’t have enough time, and that they never got to practice. I say they just didn’t know what they were doing. Did they have fun though? Yup. Did they get to practice a bunch of techniques they learned on YouTube? Yup. Did any of those details go together to make a cohesive build? Nope. Did I have fun laughing at them trying? Definitely!
So ends the adventures of Prince Edward Island. We do have three days of driving, which I hope will not be as exciting as the drive here. I have some fun stories and summaries of our trip that I hope to post the next few nights (as I know some of you like knowing we got there safe and all that).
Until tomorrow
Whatever!






No comments:
Post a Comment