I woke up to a nice surprise. Thanks to a few changes, the couple that we stayed with offered to take us to Upper Canada Village (another one of those dress up in old-times outfits and teach us cool history stuff). Yeah yeah, Clare keeps telling me there is a fancy name for these museums, but that doesn’t mean I have to use it.
We have been to a number of these places now, and I think this is my favourite and we didn’t even get to see it all! There was actual things being made there! We saw a working flour mill and they actually use the flour to make bread that is sold on site. There was a working lumber mill as well, and watching how they set it all up to cut long straight cuts was pretty cool. There was also a wool umm… workshop? First piles of stinky wool off sheep, then these amazing huge spindles that does something like 28 bobbins of yarn all at once, and then to the weaving area.
Those are the only three buildings we spent any time in because they wanted to do the barge ride up the river, pulled by a horse on the edge of the river. This took us to the opposite side of the village where we caught a trolley ride back because it was crazy hot and nobody wanted to walk. I heard plans made to go back in the fall or something when it’s cooler and we can see it all. I hope they bring me too!
Heat and a five hour drive ended the adventure early, but I was just glad to get one more adventure in, so no complaints from me. Besides, I heard much discussion about what province or territory they want to do next. I know it will be at least a year, but just hearing the discussion is music to my ears.
Until my next adventure everyone
Whatever!



No comments:
Post a Comment