![]() |
| Hmm NESW. What could it be? |
What an adventure we have had. They were up early-ish and we went to the shipbuilding museum. Who knew the maritimes of Canada built so many wood ships for the British. Something about a war and the French wouldn’t sell to them any more so they had to source elsewhere, I don’t know, I was only half listening as usual. Ask Clare or Robin if you want details ‘cus I’m pretty sure they were. We also got a tour of an old Victorian house of the guy who ran the shipbuilding company in the area. It was a guided tour so they didn’t get many pics of me, but there is a cupola on top of his house where he could use his long spy glass to check on his workers. Glad I didn’t work for him.
![]() |
| Cupola view |
Next we went up the road to Lennox Island, an indigenous community, but we were stalled by an amazing display of volunteer firefighters dealing with an accident. The one fire truck passed us followed by a whole slew of pick-up trucks with their four-way flashers on. By the time we got to the intersection there were pick-up trucks all up the road-side, guys out with walkie-talkies already directing traffic. We watched it all happen right in front of us (nobody was hurt so I kinda don’t feel bad sharing all this). These guys were clearly not just a group of guys fumbling through - they knew what they were doing and with so many more than the one or two cops we usually see at a crash site, they had us moving in minutes. Hats off to volunteers!
I |
| Looks like you are hammering Crepes to me |
We still made it to Lennox Island with time to spare before the “Drum Making Experience”. We were told stories about their culture and the use of drums in it, and Robin got to make her own drum, with my help of course! Clare listened and took pictures (something about cost and not needing two drums at home). The storyteller and teacher was awesome and Robin loves her new drum (which is still drying so she can’t test it out yet).
![]() |
| Tighter! |
![]() |
| Perfect! |
As if that wasn’t enough exploring, our last stop was West Point Lighthouse. It was a little out of the way (ok maybe a lot) but I have been determined to see all four points! We’ve now got the North and the West. The other two ARE coming. I will make sure of it! I will thank my escorts when I have seen all four!
Whatever!





No comments:
Post a Comment