Charlottetown - the province’s capital city - is less than half the size of Guelph. That’s all there is to say about that.
It was a slow morning here, while I sat on my little table waiting for these two to get their act together so we could go see things! We got into the city with just enough time to park and walk to the theatre for the 1 pm showing of “Anne and Gilbert”. I thought we were done with Anne stuff - guess I was wrong. The story picked up where the book left off (I’m told it is based in later books, but wasn’t really interested in which ones). Music was good. Story was funny. Best line by far was after Gilbert tells Anne to write what she knows, and she replies: “Who would ever want to read about Anne of Green Gables”
After the play we went downtown and had a good giggle at the sign on the ticket machine of the car park (if you can’t read the yellow sticky note, it asks you to remember what time you entered and to tell the cashier when you exit). We are definitely not in Ontario any more! Then, more food. *sigh*. I want to explore and these humans slow me down with their need to eat. Ok, I’ll wait.
Finally finished food, we wander down to the marina and check out the cruise ship in dock. I’ve never seen one that close before, and I just stood in wonder… why do people want to do that? It’s like a floating hotel you can only leave when they say you can leave. Each to his own, but I’ll pass thanks.
We checked out some shops, watched the cruise ship back out and turn around along with at least a hundred other people along the shore. I can’t explain the fascination, and yet there I sat, on Clare’s backpack, eyes on the ship just as keen to watch as everyone else. Weird. (Note from my scribe: internet has decided we can’t add any more photos today, sorry)
And then we left. Clare and Robin declared they are not city people, and that was that. Charlottetown checked off the list.
Whatever!


No comments:
Post a Comment