Tuesday, July 09, 2019

The Bear that Time Forgot

We started our day with a trip to Dinosaur Monument, which I thought would be a giant statue of a dinosaur.  Isn't that what a monument is?  However, Dinosaur Monument appears to be a giant park, and not a monument at all.  I'm really beginning to wonder about you humans, and your ability to name things. 

Anyways, this park that is named after a statue was actually amazing, although we only saw one tiny section of it.  We went to the Visitors Center, where we got a shuttle bus to the Quarry Exhibit hall.  The exhibit was a building built around a huge wall of rock filled with dinosaur bones, in the exact position they were found when they were originally excavated.  Any doubt of the existence of real dinosaurs roaming this planet some million or so years ago, gone.

From there we headed to my favourite family in Utah, where I proceeded to be completely ignored for hours.  Nobody even asked about me.  It was not until Clare pointed out that I was sulking in the bedroom that anyone even seemed to care that I existed.  At that point, Kes jumped up and began treating me like the royalty that I am.  She found me a couch and set up a house for me and everything.


Now THAT is what I was waiting for.
Whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment