Seriously though, its been a very long and mostly uneventful day. When neither of my companions could sleep, they decided to head out at 4:30 AM! I don't think I've done an early morning like that since Peru, almost 15 years ago. I was impressed!
The car was very full by the time they got all their camping gear and various other human-needed things in, but they managed to carve out a great little seat for me, with an awesome view between the front seats. Oh, and check out my new backpack. Its as big as me. I feel like a real camper now.
Today was mostly driving, driving, and more driving. Clare even had a nap while Robin did the first driving shift. Clare's never done that before. I didn't even know you could do that; I decided to join her :)We crossed the border with no interesting stories whatsoever (very disappointing to me, although I think Clare and Robin were quite glad).
Once in the States, Robin taught me a fascinating new game to help pass the time on long drives through the US. Clare even found an app for it, which means it really must be a good game, right? She insists that many of you will know it, but I'm excited so I'm going to bore you with it anyways. The Starter Game: find all the license plates from all 50 states. Expansion Pack: include Canadian and Mexican plates. For advanced players: you can not count plates that belong in the state you are currently driving in (or your own vehicle). Ok, I'll admit, that this sounded stupid and boring to this little bear, but it wasn't long before I was right in there with them both, trying to identify plates as the passed by, and checking them off eagerly in the app.
We drove about 10 hours in total today, across one province and four states, and have already found 38 plates (Nova Scotia being the furthest so far). I thought Hawaii would be impossible, but Clare says she has seen it before, so who knows... maybe we'll win this game over the next month. Is there a prize? I like prizes!
Sadly, its not even 7pm and my two companions are both wanting to go to bed. Hopefully there will be more to tell you all tomorrow.
Whatever!


No comments:
Post a Comment