Friday, July 19, 2019

Flying Bears and Butterflies

I know.  It's been a few days.  Blame my scribe, not me.  It's not like I haven't been reminding her over and over again that she hasn't posted for me in the last few nights.  I tell her my fans are waiting, and maybe even worrying, but nope, she just goes along her merry way, writing for me whenever the mood moves her, and completely disregarding me the rest of the time.  Oh well, here's my update, if you haven't given up on me yet...

Tuesday we were joined by KayRena and Kes at the Museum of Natural Curiosity (I believe I commented on my last trip here about a museum of unnatural curiosity, so I won't repeat myself... oh, already did.  Sorry.).  This time our visit started with a presentation called "Melody Makers" which was geared towards toddlers, but I have to say, I saw a lot of adults there, and not all had children with them.  Robin was all excited to learn some new songs for her preschoolers back home, which I guess is a good thing.  There was lots of noise, clanging and banging of creative instruments, and even some singing.  I think it was fun??

This Melody Makers thing ended with some brightly coloured circle thing that all the kids stood around and held onto.  I was excited when KayRena unpinned me from the backpack, and went over and whispered something to the instructor about "travelling bear from Canada" and "need pictures" which I THOUGHT meant I was going to get a really good view of what the kids were doing.  The next thing I knew, I was flying high in the air, landing on this coloured thing they called a parachute, and then bouncing higher still.  I didn't know whether to feel humiliated and offended, or just go with it.  I chose to enjoy the ride... and what a ride it was!

Once my parachute ride was over we headed over to the gardens and other exhibits which I remember exploring before, so I won't bore you with more of the same (if you are truly interested, check out my entries from Nov 2016, its in there somewhere).

We spent about six hours at this wonderful museum, climbing rope bridges in the jungle, exploring Kidopolis, and learning whether or not we could have survived with the original Europeans who landed in North America in 1706 (35 of the original 100 settlers survived in reality).  Of the 4 of us, 2 died of snake bites, and the other 2 actually made it.  At the end you could check the name of your character with the actual stats, and find out if he actually did live or not.  It was kinda sad reading... so I'll move on.

Our next adventure that I wanted to share was the Butterfly Biosphere in Thanksgiving Point.  This neat museum had hands on activities and games all about bugs.  Of course, the main feature was something Clare called a greenhouse, although it didn't look very much like a house, and it wasn't green.  It was hot though!  There we got to see butterflies of all colours and sizes flying around.  It was mesmerizing.

Since then, my two escorts have been rather lazy in my mind.  They say they wanted rest days and bailed on taking me to the Timpanogos Caves (something that has been discussed on every trip to Utah and has yet to happen).  This time the excuse was 100 degree weather, and something about a 90 minute walk uphill with no shade to the entrance of the caves, at the speed of the tour guide.  I don't know why they bailed on that at all?

Not much going on tomorrow, so don't expect to hear much from me then either.  Although this time I'll hold back my desire to complain.  They will be packing up and getting the car ready for the next stage of this trip.  Saturday morning we leave for a week in Colorado.  I've heard a few words here and there about things we might do there, so here's hoping...

Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment