Yesterday, there were visitors that apparently took all the attention away from me, so much so that when Clare and Robin drove Di back to Ogden, I was left behind - AGAIN. I'm beginning to see a pattern here, and I'm not sure I like it!
Today was equally boring, but for different reasons. Clare and Robin decided to clean up the piles of stuff they'd spread all over the room they are staying in, get some laundry done, and then sit and watch movies with other family members for the afternoon. *yawn* Ok, I am supposed to point out that we are in a heat wave right now, with most afternoons hitting triple digits (whatever that means), leaving nobody really wanting to leave an air conditioned house. *sigh*
Then, to my complete surprise, at about 8pm, KayRena suddenly blurts out, "OK girls, get your shoes on if you want to go for a walk. Come on, we're losing daylight!" There was a mad flurry of activity, and we were out the door and into the car. KayRena drove us north towards Mount Timpanogos, and through some pretty fancy looking housing developments. We climbed higher up the mountain, until we passed all the houses and came out on a narrow paved road that led us even further up the mountain, to a small parking lot that overlooked the valley (Orem, Provo and Lake Utah for those interested in knowing that kind of boring detail).
We left the car and started up one of the trails. Robin and Kes lead the way, looking for bugs, snakes, or other critters. As I've said before, Robin seems to have this thing for little critters, so she was quite excited to see what she might find. I hung back with Clare and KayRena, who took the path a little slower, but enjoyed the view over the valley every hundred yards or so (at least that's what they claimed to be doing every time they stopped).
![]() |
| It IS a great view. I'll give them that! |



No comments:
Post a Comment