Wednesday, August 17, 2011

On the Road Again

Ok, well not exactly...

If you were in the least interested in my last journey you may recall some fun stories of standing on snow and sand in the same day, checking out shoe trees, seeing a ski lift that started in the middle of a town, huge arches, a home built into the side of a rock, and many other stories with my friends Nate and Di, oh yeah, and Clare was there too.  If you remember that much, you might also remember that these two were not experienced travellers like myself, in fact it was quite an adventure in itself to get them out the door to drive 5 hours down the road to Moab for one night!

Believe it or not, these same two of the friends are now braving their own fears of travelling, and heading outside of their comfort zone, as well as their country, to visit ME (they just said they're visiting Clare to make her feel good, and well, they might still be a little shy about admitting they are flying across the country to visit a teddy bear).  Now I know, you're probably asking yourself why on earth am I writing if I'm not going on an adventure of my own... ok maybe you aren't asking, but I'm going to tell you anways.  I'm going to be a tour guide!  Can you believe it?  I know, who wouldn't want me as their personal tour guide - come on, admit it!  Yes indeed, they will see Ontario like none other!

Step One - go get them!
Yes, so in my determination to get them here, I convinced them that they would not have to change planes or even deal with customs on their own.  Of course, I might have been kind enough to forewarn Clare of my clever plan because now she has the joy of driving the three something hours to Detroit Michigan to go get them.  I don't think she minds though since it meant the difference between them coming and not coming, and they are her friends too you know (or so they say).

As usual, I have no doubt there will be a story or two to tell just in the airports alone, so you can all look forward to that tomorrow.  But for now, Clare is getting on my case that she needs to sleep if she's going to drive, so I have to go.  Whatever!!



No comments:

Post a Comment