After waking up at noon (yeah I guess that's kinda early for this crew), much discussion was had about trips to either Niagara Falls or the CN Tower. Of course, that "discussion" really just meant a lot of "I dunno, what do you want to do?" It was a beautiful, clear day so at some point things started leaning towards the CN Tower.
Having stage one of the decision-making handled, they then went on to determine whether they were going to pay to go to the top, or have dinner at the 360 Restaurant up there. Finally it was agreed that it would be fun to have dinner at the top, and it sure saves paying to get to the top and then buying dinner somewhere as well. On further investigation (procrastination) it was learned that there were no available tables for that evening's dinner, or the next's for that matter. It was too late for lunch, but Clare finally picked up the phone and made a reservation for Tuesday lunch (well 1:30pm because that was their latest time for lunch - I mean, we wouldn't want them to have to get up too early now, would we?)
So... now they'd killed another hour and still no decision was made for the day! Oh yes, they now had plans for the NEXT day, and spent at least another half hour planning how early they had to get up to get to the Tower on time. 10am was the final decision for those of you fascinated by this groups' sleeping patterns, and this they considered EARLY. Boy, they would not survive with Rissa coordinating their trip at all!!
At this point it was decided that Niagara Falls was not a possibility because they would get home late, and it was going to be hard enough to get up early as it was (no, I'm not kidding, this was actually said). Now its almost 3pm and yet no decision has been made on the day (*slaps paw against forehead wondering if they'll ever pull it together). However, once it was agreed that we were not going to Niagara Falls NOR Toronto, I suggested St. Jacob's a little village that specializes in Mennonite creations (and a whole lot of non-Mennonite stuff for sale just because people think its all Mennonite stuff). Of course, by the time they got their act together, got out the door and drove over there, it was only an hour before the stores closed. Still, St. Jacob's isn't what it used to be and really that was plenty of time for these three.
Following that, we headed over to the St. Jacob's Outlet mall, so Clare could show Nate the Lego store (I'm sure Di was thrilled). The store was empty so Clare and Nate spent a good amount of time building race cars for Thomas (the wolf) and me to test drive on the track they have there. I think this set-up is for kids, but nowhere does it say its not for the kid-at-heart, so much fun was had by all. As for me, it was definitely the highlight of the day, partly because I won (I shouldn't say that too loudly because Thomas might argue)!
After a few sunset stops on country roads for sunset photos, we made it back to watch a video before agreeing all should go to bed, as they had to "get up early".
Tim Horton's Count: 1 (Total = 9)
Whatever!

No comments:
Post a Comment