Sunday, August 28, 2011

Do Nothing Days

Looking at my latest post would lead one to believe that we went to Niagara Falls on Friday, leaving my precious readers wondering what we did on Wednesday and Thursday.  Well, the truth is, we went to Niagara Falls on Wednesday and it took two days to get someone to actually write about it for me!  So, the next question would be; what was so all-important in those two days that would cause such a delay in my blog updates?  Nothing, I tell you!  Nothing!

Thursday was deemed laundry-day, although dedicating an entire day to a two hour laundromat run seems a bit extreme to me, but I didn't have much choice in the matter, so I just sighed and sat on my little counter by the door waiting for something more exciting to come along.

 Friday wasn't a whole lot more interesting, to be honest.  The highlight of the day was going to the mall to look at video games and new cameras, and then hitting a 24 hr grocery store on the way home.  Well, we didn't actually hit the grocery store, we just went inside it to, well... get groceries (imagine!).  Yes, definitely an exciting day.

Plans for this weekend have changed numerous times over, and I've kind of lost track of what is happening.  One minute we were going to some cottage, then we were having friends come over, then we were back to doing nothing again.  Nobody could decide on anything, and trying to co-ordinate things with teenagers on their last week before returning to school is harder than one might think.  As a result, we've continued the practice of sitting around early afternoon, staring at each other saying "I don't know, what do you want to do?"  *sigh*

Finally, something exciting happened!  We all got in the car and drove over to Kitchener to pick up Haydon so he could join us for the night (for those who may have forgotten already, he is the teenage nephew who was missing at last weekend's family gathering).  On the return trip we took a detour to the West Montrose Bridge (aka "Kissing Bridge").  I'm not quite sure why this is such a tourist stop, but the sign says its the only covered bridge still standing in Ontario (built in the 1800s sometime).  We stood around while Clare and Di took the obligatory photos that are required at all tourist sites, whether its something that you really want a picture of or not, and then piled back in the car to return home.

The final comment on the day has to be the excursion to Walmart after dinner.  I only mention this because I'm impressed with the fact that this is the first time this crew has set foot in the store this entire trip!  Unlike my last adventure in Utah, which had me going to two different Walmarts on the first day, they have managed to go a week and a half without entering one at all.  I had begun to wonder if we could actually make it the full two weeks without visiting one.  I guess not.

So ends another nothing-day in the life of this little bear.  Perhaps tomorrow will bring something new.

Tim Horton's Count (all 3 days): 8  (Total = 40) ... and we have yet to enter a single one!
Whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment