Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Just One of the Family :)

Well, just as I expected, Clare has been too "busy" to keep my blog up-to-date.  I can't complain and say she's left me sitting on a shelf somewhere, as I've had a good couple of days also.  I just wish she would help me keep all my fans up-to-date with a little more consistency.

Our first day in Utah started early - very early - when someone decided to announce to the entire house (very loudly) that french toast was ready for anyone who wanted to test out the home made maple syrup that Clare had brought with her.  Good-morning everyone!

I went back to sleep when I learned that a shopping trip was the next item on the agenda (what is it about you humans and your shopping anyways??).  Although... after the two girls (KayRena's daughters) went off to their dance camp, I quickly jumped in for the trip to Build-a-Bear.

Yes, really!

I didn't need a stamp for Utah, as that had been acquired on a previous trip here, but Clare had given KayRena a gift card as a birthday present, and, well, I guess KayRena was giving Clare the same present in return (no wonder these two are friends).  So once they were free of younger children who might want to tag along, the three of us headed straight over to my favourite store (ok the only store I really 'get' at all).  So, here is the newest members of the family (Shaelyn and Saydie - don't ask about the names, I'm not explaining it all, and most of you really don't care anyways).

The rest of the evening was spent "hanging out" (whatever that means).  I simply went back to bed to try and make up for the very early wake-up call.  Not sure when Clare decided to do the same, but I don't think it was very late for her either.


Yesterday I got to be part of a Webelo Den Meeting (Cub Scouts for those of you who have no idea what that is).  They were working on their craftsman merit badge, and building a shelter for the food tray of a chicken coop.  I had a great time meeting these boys and helping them plan and build.  I don't know that I was good enough to earn any kind of merit badge, but I sure tried hard.



The afternoon was rather quiet and boring for me, but I was ok with it as I was looking forward to going to a play in the evening with KayRena and Clare.  The play was called Urinetown, and yes, it was as umm... lets say "interesting" as its title sounds.  While KayRena was told by numerous friends that it was hilarious and not as bad as the title made it sound, lets just say it wasn't quite my type of humour (nor Clare or KayRena's from what I gathered by their reaction).  The acting, singing, choreography and even energy of the cast was fantastic, and we did laugh a lot and really enjoyed the evening out, so don't get me wrong, it wasn't a "bad" play, just not for me (yeah, who knew I had standards, right?).  Still, I couldn't help but stop and make Clare take a few well-placed photos on our way out of the theatre :).

This morning I learned that KayLeigh's birthday is this weekend, and so I decided to treat her to pizza lunch.  Ok, Ok, it wasn't exactly my money, and had more to do with having free coupons for the girls, but hey it was still a good excuse to go out with the youngest members of this family and just have fun for a while.  I love these two girls - they always treat me as if I'm "real" (unlike most other people I know).  They make sure I get included in everything, so it only seems fair that I make sure to include them in my blog as well.

Thanks for the great lunch girls!

Whatever!



No comments:

Post a Comment