Monday, June 10, 2013

A Leisurely Sunday Drive

Ok, maybe not so leisurely, but it was Sunday.  At least I think it was Sunday.  Is it Sunday?  I've lost track.

First of all, my apologies to all my fans who woke up this morning with no email from me.  Well, you may have already guessed, but the internet at the campground wasn't co-operating with us and completely refused to post anything.  I would love to blame Clare (because its so fun to do so), but it really wasn't her fault.  Besides, now you you get to enjoy two posts at once!  Aren't you thrilled?  Well you should be!

Not that I have much to tell you about today.  It was a 10 hour drive from Colorado Springs to Orem, Utah and I guess Clare decided we were finished touring now, and were going straight through in one day.  I was excited as it meant I'd finally get to see my other family again!



Besides being fascinated by the drastic changes in landscapes that continued to change as we drove, nothing much happened until we finally reached the Utah state line, where it seemed appropriate to stop at the Utah Welcome Centre.  It's not that we really needed to stop there, I just wanted a photo so I made Clare stop.  I got a little bit more than I bargained for though (in the photos department), when Clare discovered that the bathrooms were closed and everyone was being sent to an outhouse on a hill... Welcome to Utah everyone!

What is it about long drives that make you get excited when the town you are diving to finally shows up on the mileage sign posts?  Well, anyone who knows much about Utah knows that Orem doesn't really show up on signs at all until you are pretty much there.  Before that, you better know to follow Provo signs or you're done-for.  Either way, seeing Provo show up on those signs made me giddy with excitement (or maybe I was just tired, or bored, or a bit of both).  Either way, we were finally "home"!

Now comes the most insulting part of the entire journey.  I was left in the car.  Yup thats right my dear readers, in her excitement to see her friends (or perhaps to just get out of the car), Clare disappeared into the house without me.  It was some time later when someone must have clued in and asked about me, and came running out with my old friend Ida Know.  If you don't know who she is, then you might want to go back and look through the posts from May 2011.  Then again, you might not care, in which case I'm not going to tell you.  I'm tired and I'm just pleased that Clare has taken a few minutes out of her reunion time to write for me at all.

Now, for those of you who are new to my blog, I should probably point out that I have no idea what will happen for the next couple of weeks.  I know there are plans in the works, but how often they will be shared with my readers is still unknown.  I will try and bug Clare to write often, but we'll see how well that goes.

Stay tuned though, as I'm sure there are plenty of adventures in this trip still to come.
Whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment