Tuesday, July 09, 2024

Ok there was more than just shopping

 Last night we were all exhausted and one of my new friends suggested the one picture post from yesterday and I loved it so much I had to do it.  


So the majority of yesterday was spent on Île de Orléans, which the kids had jokingly called “food island” after Clare and Robin told them about it, and the name stuck.  I may not like the touristy gift shopping but this wasn’t really that.  We went to a bakery, a chocolate store (it sold chocolate, not made of chocolate just in case you weren’t sure). We went to a number of artisan/crafty type places, and finally the goat farm with amazing ice cream!  We also had maple slushies at a farm along that route somewhere.  

After about 7 hours on the island we headed over to Montmorency Falls, which, for those who weren’t with me last year, is actually taller than Niagara Falls.  Ironically, I think they spent as much time (if not more) looking at the baby falls along the walk.


Falls of all sizes explored, we sadly had to return to the hotel to pack and write a blog that had no writing in it.

Today was go home day.  Sad.  Lots of driving.  Not a lot of stories.  Bedtime.

Until my next adventure…

Whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment