Sunday, February 04, 2024

Wait, is that a Passport I See?

I knew it!  I knew it!

First I heard whispers of flights and car rentals but nobody was including me in the planning, so all I could do was bide my time.  I even heard Clare going on about carry-on restrictions making it impossible to find a duffel bag small enough to go on the plane but big enough to carry her stuff so she eventually just made her own.  And yet still nary a word to me.  I was left sitting on my dusty shelf, listening to tidbits of hints of maybe a trip, but no mention of me.  I began to get concerned that perhaps there WAS a trip, and I was just not going to be invited.  I may or may not have got a little sulky.



But today… today Clare pulled me off the shelf, cleaned me up and then fixed my head loop thingy so I could hook onto her newly made backpack.  Yeah, she made a matching set.  She’s weird, but I digress.  Oh yes, I AM going on a trip!

What I know so far:  

- It’s a short trip (only 5 days) which is why we won’t be checking luggage.

- We are going to Florida - first time back into the States since that strange illness thing stopped my travel dreams in their tracks.

- Friday to Sunday is some boring conference thing Clare is going to with my old best-bud KayRena, but they have both assured me that they will try to find me some kind of adventure each day.  If it was anyone else I might question this, but I have full confidence in KayRena helping me find trouble…errr I mean fun!

- Monday is Disney Day, but not the Disney we did before because those two parks were in California.  Clare tells me there are FOUR Disney parks in Florida.  Dang this mouse character gets around!  We are only going to one park though, because well, one day is all we got.  Needless to say, this is the part I’m most excited about. 

- Tuesday is open for discussion as it will just be Clare and I until we fly out in the evening.  

So now I just have to wait… a little less than two weeks.

Until then my friends

Whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment