Tuesday, February 20, 2024

As Always…

 The slower days when we have lots of time to write a blog post, there’s nothing to write about, and then we have a good day and I have a ton *I* want to say and Clare tells me she’s too tired and just needs to go to bed.  Well she can suck it up tonight because I want to tell about my day! 

So that’s as far as we got!  Clare noticed it was after midnight, so even if she posted right then, nobody would get it until tomorrow anyways *sigh*   Clare won.

We are now writing this from the Orlando airport because, well… Clare was done driving with these crazies and the hotel wouldn’t budge on check-out time, so we returned the car at 11:30 and here we are (flight isn’t until 8pm by the way).  Not as long as my layover in Peru, but it might feel like it by the time we board!

Ok ok I know none of you came to read about that nonsense.  

You want to know about Disney!

It was awesome.  Nothing like my experience in the California parks, but still amazing.  The only downside was it was a long weekend so it was crazy busy!  The wait time for most rides was an hour and a half or more. At one point the most popular ride was nearly 3 hours long (we know this thanks to an app the gives you a map of the park and wait times).  Thankfully we had a pass that lets you wait virtually, so we got to wander and see things while we waited just over two hours for that most popular ride!

So, my first question is why?  Why would you pay a crazy amount to get into these parks only to spend most of your day standing in lines for a ride that is, at most, 5 minutes long?  The rides we got on were cool, don’t get me wrong, but we would have seen NOTHING else if we had to wait in every line.  You humans just continue to make me shake my head in wonder.


K, I think Clare must be bored or tired because I just can’t get her hear me and she keeps writing like a boring travel review and that is so not me.  Wake up Clare!  I’d say “We don’t have all day” but we kinda do, so umm… just get with the program.  MY words!

Animal Kingdom, if you don’t know, is a cross between a theme park and a zoo, meaning it has live animals but their habitats are way cooler than any zoo I’ve ever seen.  I kept saying “magic zoo” like some little toddler.  The tree in the middle was covered in animal carvings and I tried to get photos of all of them.  Not sure why, since I can’t get them all in the blog anyways.  Most of the time we were walking I was just in awe at how it all looked.  I’d forgotten how Disney could make me feel like I was somewhere else. 




So what is this most popular ride?  It’s called Flight of Passage, where i got to pair with an avatar and fly on a banshee.  Honestly hard to describe but so well done and one of the highlights of my day.  I actually felt like I was flying!  Worth a two hour wait?  Yup!  Sorry, no pictures.  Too busy flying.

Also in Pandora was a Na’vi River Journey, also a 2 hour wait.  Worth the wait?  Nope.  As I heard Clare say afterwards, it was a beautiful ride, but she was SO glad we didn’t wait in an actual line for it.  

My favourite ride of the day - Expedition Everest, a roller coaster, mostly in pitch black and about half of it backwards.  If we’d had time, I would have set another 2 hour wait and ride it again!  I definitely need more roller coasters in my life.  What a rush!

My favourite activity of the day - collecting “badges” (stickers).   All around the park were stations with people dressed kinda like Girl Guides/Scouts and we did an activity for that area to earn that sticker for our book.  It was free and no line-ups!  Sadly we didn’t get all of them because a bunch were on the safari and train journey, both with 2 hour waits, and we just ran out of waits.  We got all the rest though!

Obviously, there was the obligatory shopping, and obviously I still don’t quite get it.  Toy banshees were acquired (a small stuffed one just my size) for me, uh, I mean Clare, and an animatronic one for KayRena’s daughter that you even did an adoption ceremony for.  Ok, that was rather cool.

The day ended way too soon, and we headed out to get KayRena and my friend Bunny to the airport.  Clare got us a special pass so we could go all the way to the gate.  Bunny got flagged at security again, but this time I was there for moral support!  It was sad saying good-bye. 

And that pretty much catches you up folks.  I mean Clare and I got to our hotel, argued about blog writing and eventually slept, and you know the rest.  

The internet here isn’t letting me add photos easily, so you all are going to have to wait one more day for those!  Besides, I’m likely to have at least one more story before I got home.

Whatever!


No comments:

Post a Comment