Saturday, July 15, 2023

Final Tidbits

We are home. 

What I learned today - do not trust GPS!  Look at what it’s planning and have someone in your vehicle know the general idea of where you are going.  The first part of this lesson came as we ended up going through Montreal even after Clare told it to use the alternate route.  Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.  The second part of this lesson WOULD have been a huge deal if my two drivers hadn’t known Ontario well enough to say “uh no, we aren’t doing that!”  I just made Clare write out the entire story and then realized it was too wordy and told her to delete it.  She doesn’t like me much right now, but it’s my blog, so I get to do it my way!

Short version, huge accident on major highway (401) we needed to get home.  First phone suggested an alternate route that would have added four hours to the drive (through Algonquin park for this who know the area).  Second phone (something about Apple versus Android that I don’t understand and I’m not allowed to tell you which phone is which) had a much better plan and we were home only an hour later than expected.  Yay for my people knowing enough to not follow their GPS when it’s lost it’s mind!

Now that we’re home I can share a few fun pics from our trip that didn’t really fit anywhere else.  The first also involves GPS.  Yes we drove a four leaf clover!

The next is the result if my “attitude” about falling in the floor of the car.  I guess you don’t tattle on those who decide where you sit!  Ok, it’s also partly because my head loop thingy broke so I can’t clip on a backpack until Clare fixes it, but still - they called this my car seat!


This one we all would like an answer to.  I called it “dead man parking” but we honestly don’t know what  it’s meant to be for.  It was only on one parking spot (that we noticed).


And finally a map of where we went, for those who might not have known (yellow section is where Tadoussac is).

Fun thoughts of the trip:

Favourite moment - riding the waves, getting soaked, and seeing the whale tale flip

Biggest surprise - Robin realizing she remembered more French than she thought, and having so much fun trying it everywhere we went!

License Plate Game - we had not intended to play it, figuring only driving through two provinces wouldn’t get us many, but after seeing Alaska we had to play!  Our goal was to find half of the US states (25) and half of Canadian Provinces/Territories (7 since 6.5 isn’t possible lol).  We came ONE short of US goal but we got 8 Canadian including Nunavut and BC.  Oh and bonus round - two European Union plates!!

Until next time my friends (which will apparently be this time next year but with four extra passengers)!

Whatever!





No comments:

Post a Comment