Monday, November 14, 2016

I Was Just Playing!

 
Ladies and gentlemen, I would first like to thank my lovely BFF, Di, for kindly transcribing this blog entry, since Clare is currently working on the traditional, end-of-trip game of Luggage Tetris, which I cannot do with my little suction-cupped paws, and because as Di says, while Clare is the Queen of Tetris, Di is the Court Jester thereof.  Also, I'm kinda in the proverbial "doghouse", which would be "bearhouse" if such a thing existed, and that could be considered unfair to us bears, but whatever!     Side note: The pic is of the couch set-up where Clare and Di spent most of the last two weeks (with way more blankets and pillows of course, not sure why Di felt the need to clean it up before getting the picture).  
And why am I in trouble, you might ask?  Well, of course you would!  I am rather fascinating, after all, and this certainly makes a fabulous entry!  It all begins at the end of our visit at KayRena's.  You see, I had thought the game of Hide and Go Seek was so much fun with Di, I talked a certain someone into playing a quick game with me before Clare, Di, and I had to leave back to Di's.  To protect the innocent, I will not reveal the name of my accomplice, but she knows who she is!  Mostly, I just didn't want to have to leave so soon, when I finally had my chance to be back with my playmates among KayRena's kids!  And that's my story and I'm sticking to it!   My little game was supposed to end when Clare loaded the car and wondered where I was.  Sadly, she did not, and I could technically argued that I was left behind, and was not even noticed as missing until they were back at Di's!  I could, and maybe even should, be insulted by this oversite, but since *I* was the one playing hide-n-seek, I don't have a very convincing argument.  Plus, when Clare found out what I'd done, and realized she had to drive back to Orem (almost two hours out of her way), well I wasn't really in a position to complain at all.   So it is that Clare hurried to throw all her stuff into her two bags, load up the car as soon as laundry was done, and head back south to meet KayRena and Tristen in Draper.  They had kindly driven me part way to Salt Lake City so that Clare wouldn't have to drive quite as far (bows humbly to the drivers that probsbly saved me a very squished and awkward trip back to Canada in some box or shipping tube).  After a short visit in a McDonalds parking lot, and a second good-bye in two days, we headed back up to Salt Lake City and the hotel Clare had booked earlier in the day.    
Clare returned the car (right next door to the hotel) and then spent the evening trying to play the afore mentioned Tetris because she's too cheap to pay an extra $35 for a second checked bag.  I sat silently in the corner, thinking about my actions and wondering just how long she would make me wait for another's adventure after this trick.  "I'm sorry, Clare!"   Whatever!   

No comments:

Post a Comment