Ok, I suppose I should start with a little back story here. For those who have been wondering about the lack of posts recently, or how empty the posts seemed to be when they did exist, it is not entirely because Di and Clare have been ignoring me and talking all hours of the day and night. Truth is, Clare has been quite sick, but didn't want to make a big deal about it (unlike me who probably would have complained regularly). She is ok, and we even had a trip to the ER one night to make sure. Now there's an adventure I've never had before, and let's be honest here, I hope to never have again (as interestingly as it might have been).

Anyhow, she's doing somewhat better, at least better enough to take Di and I down to visit my other Utah family; KayRena and kids! We drove down yesterday afternoon, had our traditional tea party (something I was afraid I would miss completely this trip) and then a wonderful movie night, and then I got treated like a King as KesLeigh kindly made sure I brushed my teeth, had a bath and was put to bed, all using her dollhouse accessories. There was a time when I might have been horrified by this, but after almost two weeks of sitting on a shelf, I was grateful for any attention at all.
Today made the difference though, as I was told we were going to the Museum of Natural Curiosity (as opposed to the museum of artificial curiosity??). KayRena and Kes joined Di, Clare and me (Di says it's "me" and Clare thinks it's "I" - use whichever you please because I'm a bear and I don't care) as we headed up to Thanksgiving Point where this new adventure awaited me. Little did I know I would be put through so many wild experiences that I was left more exhausted than any days in Disney!

Here is the condensed list for your amusement:
- survived an earthquake and a tornado (apparently the hurricane display wasn't working)
- explored how water works (and get wet, naturally)
- discovered way more than I ever cared to know about geometry
- had my head sat on a table (without my body)
 |
| "Staring Whatever" |
- put my name on the Marquee of a theatre
- participated in a puppet show
- sat on a giant-Lego chair (meaning the Lego was giant, not the chair, for those who need that specified)

- read news from a TelePrompTer (is that really how that's spelled or has my auto-correct gone berserk? - Hey, thanks Wikipedia, apparently TelePrompTer is the original company that created it, but it has now become generic and doesn't need capitalizing, but I guess nobody told my iPad that. Now, don't you all feel slightly more intelligent having read that?)
- checked out a vet and got X-rayed
- went to an awesome library with talking statues (Dickens and Mark Twain, whoever they are - fun quotes though)

- climbed through a cave and followed bear tracks to find some old ancestor of mine (he was a little cold and stiff)
- got constricted by a rattlesnake
- danced on a stage
- rode a zip line, And
- held on tight on a rope bridge!
Does that not sound exhausting to you? Heck, the tornado and earthquake alone would be enough to finish most people off in one day! But to continue on as if neither had happened...
Whatever!
 |
| Umm... Yeah, about that? |
No comments:
Post a Comment