| We Found Dory! |
Whatever is a six inch tall teddy bear determined not to spend his life sitting on a shelf gathering dust, waiting for his eventual demise in a city dump. With a lot of courage and determination, not to mention a little humour, he is set to travel the world. The only problem - he can’t do it alone. With a unique sense of humour, Whatever tells of the laughter, frustration and wonder of travelling at the mercy of his human escorts.
Thursday, October 27, 2016
What is a Rest Day Anyways?
I was told today was a rest day, before we do two more Disney park days. I wasn't sure I knew exactly what that meant, but apparently it just means we go and walk our feet off somewhere else for the day. I don't get it.
We all slept in, slightly longer than usual, but were still out of the hotel room by 10am and on our way to Newport Beach as we just had to see the Pacific Ocean (for those who haven't seen it, it looks a lot like the Atlantic to me, only facing the other way). Clare had it in her head that she need to be able to say she has swum in both oceans. I don't know if you'd call what she did today swimming, but it was quite amusing to watch. The water was very shallow, and the waves were not! I think she got about knee deep before she had trouble staying upright. She finally gave in and just had fun trying to jump over the waves and seeing how far they carried her.
In the meantime KayRena had fun building a sand castle (Castle Kittenkaboodle I was told) which included a waterfall, moat, pond, river and farming area. Mighty impressive if you ask me. Then they both packed up and took me for a walk down the beach to collect sea shells. I got a little wet as they sat me in a bucket for the ride, and kept dumping their shell finds on me, but on the most part it was fun watching the the waves crash over the beach.
After about 4 hours at the beach, they decided to beat rush hour and get back to their hotel early, but apparently rush hour starts at about 3pm in Los Angeles, because we got stuck in a traffic jam. I've been told about LA traffic jams, so in a way I think it's fitting that we got in one. I mean can one really say they've been to LA without being in one? Would people even believe I've been here if I wasn't in a traffic jam? One more mission accomplished I'd say.
We got back to the room around 4pm and for some weird reasons, the girls decided to follow up their ocean swim with a pool swim. Good thing salt and chlorine don't react with each other, or it might have been a fun experience! I tested the water briefly, but decided I'd rather stay dry, and just sat and watched them.
Once they had showered off all the salt, sand and chlorine, we headed back out for yet another walk... back to Downtown Disney, which is basically a shopping plaza with restaurants and and entertainment, including a Lego store with huge Lego sculptures to take pictures of (or photo-bomb if you are KayRena). I guess they figured today was the best day to go there, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me when I heard both of them complaining that their feet hurt last night and they were looking forward to their rest day? What rest day? Did I miss the rest part? *sigh*
Whatever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment