As I was sitting quietly on my shelf this morning, I suddenly saw stuffed creatures of all kinds flying by my head. Apparently a clean-up was in order and all the stuffed animals that had been lying all over the place were finding their way back onto the upper shelf that spans one wall of the room. I tried to make myself inconspicuous by hiding behind my little suitcase, in the hopes that I would not be confused for a simple stuffed animal and find myself tossed up there as well. I’m also really concerned about my little purple friend from yesterday. I hope she’s ok (really wish I’d asked her name now)!
Things quieted down considerably after that, and I was beginning to wonder if my entire day was to be spent sitting on the same little shelf, when Clare returned. For a brief moment I was excited that we would be going somewhere, but alas, I was mistaken. All she wanted was my little pillow case. Apparently there is some unwritten law about pillow cases needing ironing, which I totally don’t get. But there it was, she walked in the room, didn’t even say hello to me, took my pillow case, and left. I just stared after her. Can’t a bear get a little adventure around here?
I wish I had more to say about this day, but you’ve probably already surmised that nothing of any interest happened or I would have written about it already. Sorry to disappoint.
Of course, tomorrow is Birthday Party Number Two (aka “Teen Sleepover Night”) so I should have something to write about then, and no time to write about it. Funny how that works.
(this was written last night but Blogger was down so I couldn't actually post it)
(this was written last night but Blogger was down so I couldn't actually post it)
No comments:
Post a Comment