Monday, May 23, 2011

If you go down in the woods today...

... there won't be any teddy bears because they all came here for the picnic this time!

That's right, when Clare and I got back to my other favourite family's home on Saturday, the preparations for a Teddy Bear Picnic was in full swing.  I guess someone finally decided it was time that I got a party too!  All the kids (and adults) had pulled out, not only their teddy bears but ALL of their stuffed animals and they had set up picnic blankets all over the back yard.  Friends had been called and told to bring their own snacks and bears and join us.  So, while 3 other birthdays had been planned for months, my party had the best turn out of all!  Of course, that could have something to do with the fact that all the stuffed animals weren't given a choice, just pulled from shelves and dragged into the garden, but hey, I never said my party had to have willing guests.

We all had fun with the kids toys, sidewalk chalk, swings, slides, blowing bubbles, and so on.  I mean, when I throw a party, I throw a party!!  The kids even insisted I try out this giant black circle thing they had.  They set me in the middle of it and told me to just sit still and enjoy.  I have to admit I was curious, but was not at all prepared for what was to come.  They all counted to three as they jumped up and down, and then all at once they landed on their bums while I was flown high into the air (right off Clare's camera screen).  It took a while, but I finally got the hang of it and eventually enjoyed the experience so much I just had to invite all my new friends and guests to try it out too.

Finally it was time to eat, and we all gathered on different blankets to enjoy the company of new friends.  My little purple bear friend was there, so I joined her again and tried to find out her name.  Its been rather frustrating since every time I ask anyone her name I just get "I don't know", and this even happened when I asked her!  How is a bear supposed to be polite and all, when he doesn't even know her name?



Well, the answer came a little later, when someone called for her and with great embarrassment I realized her name is actually Ida Know, and everyone's been trying to tell me that all along.  Its a good thing black bears don't blush as I think I would have been several shades of red if I did.  I tried my best to make up for it by getting her some flowers (OK so they were fake, but the sentiment wasn't).  She seemed to like them as we talked and enjoyed the sunset together.  Umm... okay, something must be really wrong if I'm saying corny stuff like that about a bear that I've only known a few weeks.  I have GOT to get a grip or my reputation will be lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment