Tuesday, August 30, 2022

The Next Level of Friendship


"Doing Nails" still puzzles me, but I did have fun with the three of them last night (so much better than the so-called adults who go to bed early)! Basically we sat around and I watched them dab bits of paint on their fingers and toes and chat... about anything and everything. I learned all about a show called Bridgerton, in great detail. I do not need to watch it now. Some other topics may have been covered that seemed way over my head. I'll move on...

An attempt was made to leave by 9 this morning.  It didn’t happen.  Sigh.  We finally made it up to the Eagle Canyon Adventure Park where we paid too much money to walk across two bridges.  Ok, they were pretty cool suspension bridges high over a canyon, one of which is claimed to be the longest foot-path suspension bridge in Canada.  There were no signs or info giving the length or how deep the canyon is.  Nothing.  I guess I just have to take their word for it.  Everyone seemed to think it was worth the detour though, even the two that weren’t sure they could do it.

Our next stop was yet another Provincial Park (Rainbow Falls) for which we saw zero falls.  We ate lunch among the wasps, agreed that given all our picnics, this was the first time we had a bad spot, so we really had nothing to complain about.  We ate quick and headed back out.  Although, I can tell that my crew have lost some of their enthusiasm as the picture of the park sign was this: (taken from the car people, they barely stopped to take it)!


Yet again, our day got further and further behind.  I don’t know how this happens, but it seems a common occurrence with this gang.  I’m learning to go with it (sort of).  As a result, the other two provincial parks that had been planned for the day got dropped, and we made a beeline for our lodging just east of Wawa.  For the first time since we left Guelph, we are now on a highway Clare is not familiar with (I think she’s excited about that, but I’m not totally sure).

One of the reasons everyone decided to ditch today’s stops was because Clare described tonight as “a cabin right on the lake” and they all wanted to get here early.  Even with that goal, we still didn’t manage to get here until almost 7.  It’s baffling!  We unloaded the entire car rather quickly, and then explored the lake and the main lodge (its a hunting/fishing lodge so they found a pool table among other things inside).  I got my first try at pool - I sucked!  I’m not sure they did much better to be honest, but I’m only going by what I heard since I actually have no clue what good playing would look like.




Now it may seem like the title of this entry has nothing to do with our day, but let me tell you, I learned some interesting things about friendship, both during last night’s “doing nails” time, and this evening’s attempt to determine who’s uniform was who’s (after they both ended up in Snap’s bag somehow).  Yes, folks, they each sniffed both shirts to see if they could figure it out.  “Next level friendship” was what they called it.  Ironically, identification was eventually confirmed by a stain from the other day, and had nothing to do with the scent.  However, they were both very proud of the photo that I will end this day with.

Whatever!



No comments:

Post a Comment