After the grey, rainy day on Sunday, it was a delight to get going before 7 a.m. and have a sunny drive. The temp at the start of the day was 4 ( 38) degrees. When we reached the South Carolina Welcome Centre (Rissa has to visit all Welcome Centres - she isn't known as the Brochure Queen for nothing) it was 20 (70) degrees and when we reached Folly Beach it was 25 (80) degrees.
They let me sit up up on the dashboard but then I got too hot so I went back to sitting in front of that Tom Tom. It wasn't anymore fun than yesterday so I went to sleep.
We arrived in Folly Beach around 3.30 p.m. and Rissa was welcomed like an old friend by the staff at the Rental Agents. So she should, after all the emails and telephone conversations over the past month. We were soon at the house - what a view and what a great house.
Everyone went to bed early (old people aren't much fun late in the day) and they all discovered that their remotes for their bedroom TVs don't work. What a shame.
Rissa was up as the sky lightened and on the beach before 7 a.m. ready for the sunrise. As I didn't fancy an early morning hike, I stayed on the deck and watched it from there.
Now it's time for some fun so I'm off.
Cheers
I'm not too excited about doing something difficult early in the morning either!
ReplyDeleteSandy