Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It's Official!!

I am finally going on another trip!

I have been bursting at the seams to write about it (*checks for stuffing coming out anywhere*), but have been waiting for certain events to line up before I made the official announcement to my fans (and fans-to-be).  Well here it is!  Aren't you excited?  I know I am!

Oh and just to point out how long it's been since a recording of my adventures has been made; Clare had to do the whole "forgot password" thing just to get to this point. Yeah, it's been a while!

For those of you who have been invited to my blog for the first time (I've heard whispers of new fans in the midst), please feel free to look around at my past trips.  I recommend starting with "Where Do I Start" (March 2011) but of course, I am not one to tell you how to do things, nor am I one to do things people tell me to, so really you can just do as you wish.  I'm just simply suggesting you might want to go read that entry as it will give you a bit of background on me, my travel companions and friends, and well, just because it seems a good place to start.

Ok, that's out of the way... now on to my latest adventure. You may be wondering where my plans are taking me this time.  Ok, probably not since most of you reading this have already spoken to Clare and know, but it's my blog so I can write what I want.  Although, if I was just to tell you the destination, you might wonder why I'm excited at all.  After all, my whole purpose in life is to see the world, and some might think going to a place I've been twice before would not exactly count as a new adventure.  So, why am I so excited?  Well...

 ... I get to get off this shelf!!  

Well, that and because we're driving :).  Ok, Clare is driving.  I'm just going to watch her do that part, when I'm not looking out the window that is (provided she remembers to put me by the window so I can look out). Sadly Rissa will not be joining us once again - someday I am going to get those two on another trip together - so for now, it's just Clare and I.  Speaking of which, I would like to take a moment to share my disappointment in all those carrying on about Clare driving to Utah "alone".  What am I?  Don't I count for something?

*sits and sulks*
Ok, I feel better.  Thanks for indulging my pity party for a moment.  I'll move on now.

For those not aware of where Utah is (or where I am for that matter), or those too lazy to go look at a map, it is an estimated 30 hour drive (yes, one way).  Actually, our drive there will be even longer as we are not taking the most direct route.  Why not, you might ask?  Well that should be self-evident from my previous comment about wanting to see the world (weren't you paying attention?).  Sure, we could put as many miles (and/or kilometres) as possible behind us each day, but what would be the fun in that?  Might as well fly if that's all you're doing.  Nope, she and I have big plans... ok little plans, but lots of them!

So, while I am truly excited to see my "other" family with all those kids who treat me as one of their own, and my wonderful spa-treatment friend, I have to admit that I am equally excited about the journey to get to them!   I hope you will come along for the virtual-ride and maybe even comment or write to me once and a while. I like hearing what you humans have to say to a little bear like me.

 Whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment