Naturally, as we drove around, more and more jokes were made about the signs, and soon we were coming up with stranger and stranger meanings behind them. As our list of sign meanings grew, we had no choice but to stop and take photos of them to share. Some of the meanings we came up with were instant comments by these friends with warped minds, while others kind of progressed over time. Either way, I hope you will see these signs with an open mind, and perhaps you too will start seeing road signs in a whole new way. Enjoy...
Another early sign that kind of grew in meaning as time passed. Originally commented on because the man and woman were going opposite directions, then the red explosion was pointed out, and soon enough it was being called the "Divorce Bus Ahead" sign.
Another early one, as Di kept asking Clare about the "truck flying off the road backwards" sign. It was a long time before Clare actually saw the sign Di was talking about, and had a good giggle over it.
Walking along a street in Toronto, Nate looked up and asked if this meant the parking was in the sky, about 225 m up!
Canadians seem to be so nature-friendly that they even having parking for the crickets!
Fascinated with the idea of "hidden" driveways, we had to stop and get a picture. Only after stopping at this particular one, Di noticed the sign just past the main sign which we passed in the past (sheesh your language makes no sense people!). Anyhow, the sign reads "Seek ye the Lord while He may still be found"). Is He in the hidden driveway?
We aren't really sure what this sign was about (seen at West Montrose Bridge), but it sure amused me!
No stop signs allowed!
Old man crossing
Older man with oxygen crossing
Hitchhikers will lose their hand!
Once the first one was seen as a chinese rice picker, the rest just kind of fell into place
- rice picker
- depressed or lonely
- waving hello
- going to trip you
- waiter taking your order
- in serious need of chiropractor
I really wish I could share them all with you, but I think you get the idea. So, wherever you may live, the next time you are out driving around, take a good look at those signs you pay little attention to and see what else they could mean. Trust me, it might just make the drive go a little quicker, and even bring a smile to your face.
Well, that's all she wrote for this adventure. I enjoyed being a tour guide, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat, but I have to admit that my true love lies in traveling to new places, meeting new people, and sharing the crazy adventures I have with all you humans!
Until my next trip...
Whatever!









No comments:
Post a Comment